ZWMS manages all warehouse logistics processes and tracks items at each stage
ZWMS is a system for effectively managing all warehouse logistics processes and guarantees functions to support the operational processes implemented by all companies:
- Management of incoming goods. During receipt, the correct presence of the items is checked in accordance with what is reported in the order which can be imported into the system via convenient APIs.
- Allocation of goods: it concerns the location processes, which manage the placement orders of the goods in the warehouse, establishing which is the best position for the items according to their type, characteristics, dimensions. The rules and strategies are planned in advance with the customer and the mission management module is customized.
- Stock control and management: with this function it is possible to know in real time the situation of stocks and inventories, thus preventing any stock shortages and contributing to a better administrative management of the goods.
- Management of outgoing goods: shipping processes involving the processing of orders sent to customers and transfers to other warehouses or returns to suppliers are coordinated.
ZWMS is able to interface with the company management system, which deals with the administrative management and therefore with the activities that concern the warehouse from an accounting, fiscal and commercial point of view; it is also able to interface with the software used by any automated storage and handling systems present in the warehouse.
ZWMS is a system that works in the cloud and exposes APIs with which it is possible to integrate to manage all warehouse logistics processes.
ZWMS uses RFID tags to monitor incoming goods, movement and storage in the warehouse, and allows you to verify outgoing goods.
As far as incoming goods are concerned, the RFID codes are read using a portable reader or through a gate, the product codes are verified with the order of the incoming goods produced by the customer's management system. The system is therefore able to verify the presence of all the articles and possibly signal errors of absence of products or incorrect codes.
Once the incoming goods have been checked, ZWMS assigns missions to the forklift operators to move the goods to the various storage sectors. The algorithm that manages the storage logic can be customized according to customer needs. Using intelligent forklifts, it is possible to check the routes taken by the various forklifts to reach the storage destination thanks to RFID tags placed on the floor which are read by the forklifts themselves. With intelligent forklifts it is also possible to have real-time verification of the exact location of the goods down to the cell level.
ZWMS therefore allows you to know in real time the situation of the goods in the warehouse, thus preventing any out of stock.
The outgoing of the goods is managed in the same way: the list of items to be shipped arrives from the customer's management system and at the same time a mission is created for the forklifts, indicating to the operators the storage area from which to pick up the items. The ZWMS system is able to verify if the operators on the forklift pick up the correct goods in the storage area and by means of the RFID readers placed near the exit gates, further verify the correctness of the moved goods.
For the technological infrastructure of the warehouse, we have developed a solution that avoids electrifying the entire warehouse and laying data cables throughout the facility. Our solution involves the use of passive tags embedded in the floor (to determine the position and paths of the forklifts) and other passive tags positioned in the storage areas and near the cells. The system is completed by equipping the forklifts with sensors (RFID, presence and distance) capable of determining the movements of the forklift, the load moved and the exact position in which it is stored up to cell level. This system makes it possible to reduce warehouse infrastructure costs by 90% compared to a traditional system, while ensuring high precision and efficiency of the entire solution.
The ZWMS solution is customizable for any customer requirement. We create customized RFID gates also prepared with customized antennas.
Intelligent forklift with RFID sensors
ZWMS can be interconnected with the device ZWMS DEVICE which can be installed on common forklifts to automatically identify the load, the forklift movements and the load storage position up to the cell level.
As can be seen in the figure opposite, with the two ZWMS DEVICE modules it is possible to transform a common forklift into an intelligent forklift.
ZWMS DEVICE CORE MODULE
it is the heart of the entire forklift intelligent system, it receives data from the various sensors, processes the information and connects via Wi-Fi to the server for data exchange.
ZWMS DEVICE SENSOR MODULE
inside it contains an afront RFID antenna – allows you to read the RFID TAGs positioned on the load; a Fork height sensor – measure the height of the forklift forks to determine at what height the load was picked up or deposited; a Load presence sensor – this sensor checks the presence of the load on the forklift forks and finally aBottom RFID antenna – reads the RFID tags placed on the floor to understand the position of the forklift and the route taken
On the forklift it is also possible to mount a HMI Panel to show the forklift operator the missions and any error reports (load, column, cell, etc.).
The Benefits with the introduction of ZWMS
- clearly advantageous prices compared to the standard solutions on the market
- the optimization of goods handling times
- reduction of order fulfillment times
- the rationalization of spaces, thanks to the possibility of storing any item in any location without the danger of forgetting where the goods were stored;
- the reduction of recourse to the historical memory of the operators, in fact at any moment it is known exactly in which place or area of the warehouse the goods are located;
- the reduction of supports
- the increase in the productivity of the operators;
- the possibility of consulting inventory data in real-time;
- the possibility of having updated statistics on the functioning of the warehouse;
- the reduction of errors due to manual management, thanks to the confirmation of the successful operation, and therefore a reduction of the related hidden costs
Contact us for information or a free demo
Via Goffredo Mameli, 14
21013 Gallarate (VA)
Tel. +39 340 6356406