Augmented reality in the field of assistance.
With IOTAR Remote Assistance you are able to solve problems remotely, via any mobile device (tablet / smartphone).
It allows you to act in real time and remotely to perform ordinary maintenance or resolve machine failures; thanks to mobile devices, the specialist technician is able to accurately identify the problem and find a solution by shortening the time needed to understand the problem and avoiding unnecessary travel expenses.
The revolution introduced by this augmented reality software lies in the opportunity, provided to experts remotely, to observe live the problems that arise on the sites of any customer, without having to move from their desk.
Features and functionality of the App
- Video streaming directly from mobile device camera
- Highlight real world objects
- Augmented reality support for automatic marker recognition
- Merged Reality function to superimpose what the expert sees with what the operator sees
- Real-time display of machine data (temperatures, engine revolutions, maintenance) on marker recognition via IOTAR Acquisition module
- Display of manuals and information materials combined with different markers
- Take photos of the streaming to highlight details or work with greater peace of mind
- Chat between user and operator, useful if you are in an environment not suitable for making a voice call
- Possibility to take photos with the mobile device and send them to the operator
- Works even with slow or absent connectivity
- Record of interventions
- Managing users with different roles
Merged Reality is the function that allows the specialist to give technical support in a very intuitive way to the operator in the field.
The in-house specialist can virtually reach and touch the objects the field technician is working on.
The in-house specialist uses, alongside his PC, another tablet that frames an area where he can show with his own hands and with tools how the operator should act on the field.
IOTAR App also available through a comfortable helmet
IOTAR App in the form of a helmet is a very useful system for construction site operators where there is a need to work with hands-free.
The innovation is represented by the flexibility of the solution that is composed of a helmet in which is housed a rugged cell phone (industrial).
The specialist user at the site can therefore follow and interface with the activities of the operator on the site, which has the ability to unhook the phone from the support to the need and use it to draw, chat, look at documents.
The solution is powered by the IOTAR App software that offers widely tested industrial capabilities.
Unlike A.R. headsets (such as Google Glass or Realwear HMT-1) that cause nausea, headaches and dizziness – in fact the manufacturers of these devices recommend to use them only for 10 minutes every half an hour – The IOTAR helmet has none of these contraindications as it does not interfere with the normal view of the operator, can be worn and used continuously even for 10 hours a day.
Advantages of using the helmet
- The operator has both hands free
- The image taken follows the operator’s gaze
- It is possible to connect the headphones with microphone so that they do not bother the operator’s movements
- It is possible to activate the cell phone torch to illuminate the work area
- The mobile phone can be unhooked from its support and used with your hands to see documents shared by the specialist operator.
The technical characteristics are as follows:
- Available in three colours: Blue, Yellow and Black
- Adjustable side vents
- Side Euroslot bindings for headphone hearing protectors
- Six-point textile suspension harness ensures optimal fit and comfort
- Conventional internal harness for customisable comfort
- With long visor
- Dimensions: 16,8 x 20,2 x 30,4 cm
- Material: Polystyrene
- Possibility of having earphones to call
Place the problem
The occurrence of a problem or a fault on a machine entails the need to check it visually in order to be able to intervene effectively and stably.
Users in the field, equipped with mobile devices, can communicate in real-time with remote experts; real-time transmission allows you to make distances shorter, thus obtaining direct assistance in the field.
Such assistance can provide several features such as taking photos, recording videos, drawing or annotating remotely on the image, sharing the screen (pdf files, web etc.), full screen view and digital zoom.
Through the use of IOTAR Remote Assistance, the expert technician is able to identify the critical situation and solve the problem with precision, all thanks to the above-mentioned features.
The most important feature, however, is undoubtedly to be able to draw in FREEZE or AR mode, thus allowing the user to indicate the exact point of assistance required and vice versa. These indications will then be transmitted in real-time on the mobile device, so that it can operate efficiently, accurately and without wasting time.
Solve the problem
The entire IOTAR software is presented as a memory useful for training technicians/ users, thanks to the ability to save each operation.
The sectors in which it is possible to use this service are many and can vary from the manufacturing industry, the pharmaceutical industry, the real estate and much more.
Safety – Mobile technology, augmented reality provide operating personnel with real-time, easy-to-follow, visual, step-by-step operating procedures, reducing human error in performing specific tasks. In addition, the operator shall be provided with information on the location of the existing hazards, superimposing it on the operator’s position.
Quality guaranteed everywhere in the world
To provide the certainty of excellent audio and video transmission from a qualitative point of view, the company has installed its own servers in the main geographical areas of the world. The choice of sites where to locate the servers was made based on the importance of the individual areas of the world, the distance between one server and another and the scope of the transmissions. That’s how they make sure all video conversations clear and from its clear and clean.
Price solution: from 468,00 € / year + VAT
Screenshot remote assistance
Contact us for information or for a quote
Via Goffredo Mameli, 14
21013 Gallarate (VA)
Tel. +39 340 6356406